Florida, along with numerous other states, is no stranger to the devastation that can be caused by hurricanes and other adverse weather conditions. When it comes to hurricane damage, wildfires and other common causes of extensive damage, assessing the actual extent of the damage can be a challenging task. Aside from the large areas, the damage can be spread across, the surroundings may be unsafe, preventing assessors from gaining a true picture of just how much repair work is involved, not to mention the financial cost. According to several sources, modern technology could be one solution to this problem, more specifically, drone technology.
In August last year, fleets of drones were deployed on a mission to assess the damage inflicted by Tropical Storm Harvey. With more than 750,000 drones registered to fly in United States airspace, and several insurers publicly stating they were willing to use drones for damage assessment, it appears this could be a viable option. However, perhaps due to how recently drones became acceptable to use, there are still many potential downfalls to this plan. For one, the logistics and planning involved in flying a drone for this purpose can be extensive, and it is generally agreed that a pre-defined plan would need to be put in place before drone hurricane damage assessment could become both commonplace and reliable.
It is early days yet, but it appears that drone hurricane damage assessment could indeed prove a valuable resource, once the obstacles posed by airspace restrictions, logistics, and planning have been overcome. Anyone who has been affected by hurricane damage to their property, and is familiar with the time taken to complete this assessment and receive the settlement due, will surely welcome any move to streamline and speed up the process.
Suffered Hurricane Damage in Miami? Let an Experienced Attorney Shoulder the Burden and Stress
When your home, or other property, has been damaged in a hurricane or other instance of severe weather, the prospect of filing a claim can be daunting. To help avoid adding stress to an already traumatic situation, our Miami hurricane damage attorney recommends following these steps:
- File your insurance claim as soon as possible. Although it can be a daunting task, it can be made easier by working with Korin Law, P.A, one of the few Miami law firms who will send an adjuster to assess all damages, as well as providing you with outstanding legal representation and guidance
- Speak to an experienced Miami hurricane damage attorney to identify the best way to proceed
- Keep receipts and records of any repairs you have had done, in addition to the costs of living outside of your home while awaiting necessary repairs, plus evacuation costs
- Consult a car accident attorney if your car has been damaged by falling trees, debris, or other hurricane-related damage
- Remember that a Korin Law, P.A hurricane damage attorney can also help if you have not got valid insurance