What Should I Do?
Dealing with a disaster is never easy. Whether your home has been damaged by a fire, hurricane or leaks,
it can be an extremely stressful situation. The best thing to do is to take immediate action. Here are some simple steps to always follow:
- TAKE PHOTOS AND VIDEO of any damage to your home or property. Visual evidence is crucial to recover the money needed to make repairs or recover lost property.
- CREATE A COMPLETE INVENTORY of all your damaged items and document them properly. If you have any stolen valuable items, such as a car, jewelry or weapons, save the receipts. Also, be sure to list the make, model and date of purchase for each valuable.
- CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY immediately and file a claim. Make sure all paperwork is completed thoroughly. If you have any stolen items, contact the police and file a police report.
- A PUBLIC ADJUSTER can help you assess your damage, prepare a written estimate and even file your insurance claim.
- Contact an Insurance lawyer if your insurance company has low balled or denied your claim.
Whether your property has been damaged or destroyed, it is crucial to receive a proper settlement to cover your losses. If you believe the insurance company has not provided fair compensation, contact a Miami insurance lawyer who will protect your rights and fight for the money you deserve. Contact Jonathan Korin and his legal team at Korin Law, P.A. and schedule a free consultation today.